Covid-19: Cheshire updates
Health and care partners across Cheshire are working together to support health and care staff, to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) and to protect and treat the people of Cheshire.
In addition to NHS Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group, this includes:
- The Countess of Chester Hospital
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals
- East Cheshire Trust
- Cheshire and Wirral Partnership
- Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership
- Cheshire East Council
- Cheshire West and Chester Council
NHS Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group updates
As a membership organisation, NHS Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group is supporting colleagues in General Practice to continue to treat and care for the people of Cheshire throughout the Covid-19 outbreak.
GP practices across Cheshire have moved quickly to implement new models of clinical care to appropriately deal with the Coronavirus outbreak. Practices continue to provide patient care, however patients are likely to find that first contact with their practice is managed remotely - either via telephone or video link.
- What to do if you have a dental problem during COVID-19 pandemic (May 11th 2020)
- COVID-19 testing in Cheshire - What you need to know (May 8th 2020)
- NHS warning to seek help for cancer symptoms (April 29th 2020)
- NHS leaders join minute's silence for staff who died with Coronavirus (April 27th 2020)
- Help Us Help You: NHS urges public to get care when they need it (April 25th 2020)
- Update on Personal Protective Equipment from the Cheshire NHS and Local Authority partners (April 16th 2020)
- All Cheshire GP practices to open on Easter bank holidays (April 8th 2020)
- 'Hot-hubs' to support patients with Coronavirus symptoms (April 7th 2020)
- New Covid-19 helpline goes live to support people's mental health (April 6th 2020)
- How to get your prescription during the Coronavirus outbreak (April 1st 2020)
Support for vulnerable people
Dedicated helplines have been established by Cheshire West and Chester Council and Cheshire East Council to support vulnerable people who are at higher risk of serious complications from Coronavirus.
Both helplines provide advice and support and, where necessary, make arrangements for food, medicines and social contact.
- Cheshire West - 0300 123 7031 (8am-7pm - 7 days a week)
- Cheshire East - 0300 123 5034 (9am-5pm - 7 days a week)
Mental health helpline
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership (CWP) has launched a mental health helpline for residents of Cheshire and Wirral.
Open 24 hours a day, seven-days a week, it is open to people of all ages including children and young people who need urgent mental health support.
The helpline - 0300 303 3972 - is part of the NHS Long Term Plan to improve access to mental health support. Originally due to go live in 2021, it has been fast-tracked to support local people during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Covid-19: Cheshire health and care update - May 22nd 2020
- Covid-19: Cheshire health and care update - May 15th 2020
- Covid-19: Cheshire health and care update - May 7th 2020
- Covid-19: Cheshire health and care update - May 1st 2020
- Covid-19: Cheshire health and care update - April 24th 2020
- Covid-19: Cheshire health and care update - April 17th 2020
- Covid-19: Cheshire health and care update - April 9th 2020
- Covid-19: Cheshire health and care update - April 3rd 2020