COVID-19 Vaccination Programme – What You Need to Know
30 June 2022
Vaccination is clinically-proven to reduce your risk of getting seriously ill from Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your risk of catching or spreading the virus.
Spring booster vaccination
Spring booster COVID-19 vaccination appointments are available in Cheshire now for:
- People aged 75+
- Residents of care homes for older adults
- People aged 12+ who have a weakened immune system
If eligible, the quickest and easiest way to arrange a Spring booster vaccination is online via the National Booking Service (or by calling 119).
In line with national guidance, Spring booster vaccinations are predominantly being administered in pharmacies. There is no need to contact your GP practice.
Everyone who is eligible will receive a national letter from the NHS over the Spring and early Summer inviting them for a top-up.
Some eligible residents will also receive a letter from the local NHS to outline their local vaccination options.
Never too late to get your first, second or booster vaccination
If eligible, you can arrange your next COVID-19 vaccination online via the National Booking Service (or by calling 119), by responding to an invitation from the NHS or by attending a local walk-in vaccination clinic.
In addition to a wide range of fixed sites accessible via the National Booking Service (or by calling 119), in Cheshire the following sites are offering walk-in vaccination clinics in the coming days:
- Hartford Methodist Church, Beach Road, Northwich, CW8 3AB. Friday, July 1st, Monday, July 4th, Tuesday, July 5th (9am-6pm) - Pfizer and Moderna (including boosters)
- Vicars Cross Vaccination Centre, 60 Green Lane, Chester, CH3 5LB. Thursday, June 30th (9:30am-6pm) - Pfizer, AZ and Moderna (including boosters)
- Former Huntington Primary School Building, Butterbache Road, Chester, CH3 6DF. Thursday, 30th June (9am-1:30pm) Friday, July 1st, Saturday, July 2nd (9am-2pm) Wednesday, July 6th (9am-1:30pm) - Pfizer and AZ (including boosters)
- The Food Warehouse, Mercer Walk, 56-58 the port Arcades, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0AP (Vaccination Bus). Friday, July 8th (10am-5pm) - Pfizer and Moderna
- St Theresa's Church Car Park, Blacon Avenue, Blacon, Chester, CH1 5BU (Vaccination Bus). Saturday, July 9th (10am-12:30pm) - Pfizer and Moderna
- Waggon & Horses Pub Car Park, Western Avenue, Blacon, Chester, CH1 5PR (Vaccination Bus). Saturday, July 9th (1pm-5pm) - Pfizer and Moderna
- The Royal British Legion, Chester Road, Little Sutton, Ellesmere Port, CH66 3RJ (Vaccination Bus). Sunday, July 10th (10am-5pm) - Pfizer and Moderna
- Well Pharmacy - Sandbach, The Commons, Sandbach, CW11 1EG. Thursday, June 30th (9:30am-5:30pm) - Pfizer and Moderna (including boosters)
- Victoria Hall, Civic Way, Middlewich, CW10 9AT. Thursday, June 30th (2:30pm-6:30pm) - Pfizer and Moderna (including boosters)
All 5 to 11-year-olds eligible for vaccination
Vaccine eligibility is now open to all 5 to 11-year-olds with appointment slots at a number of Cheshire sites available via the National Booking Service (or 119).
- Victoria Hall, Civic Way, Middlewich, CW10 9AT. Thursday, June 30th (2:30pm-6:30pm) - Pfizer
This guide has been developed for parents of children aged 5-11.
What's happening in neighbouring areas?
Residents are equally entitled to access vaccination centres outside of Cheshire - if this is more convenient - either via the National Booking Service (or by calling 119) or by attending a walk-in vaccination clinic. Click on the links below to find out what's on offer in neighbouring areas:
Cheshire Vaccination Bank
To help meet the challenge presented by COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, a fresh plea has been made for retired and former healthcare professionals registered with an approved professional body (e.g. NMC, HCPC, GDC) to return to the ranks and support the Cheshire Vaccination Bank.
The programme is particularly keen to recruit:
- Registered healthcare professionals to dilute, draw up and deliver vaccines to both adults and children. Paid roles are available now within the Children’s Drawing Up and Vaccinator teams, as well as our Seasonal Flu team.
- Registered healthcare professionals to take on non-clinical roles as shift supervisors. You will be responsible for managing workers during their shift, including authorising timesheets, co-ordinating breaks, and supporting clinical staff with any medical emergencies.
- Non-registered clinicians (vaccinators) to train to vaccinate who are not registered or have no clinical experience.
Flexible shifts (from one a week to many more) are available at 37 vaccination sites and pop-up clinics across Cheshire. Find out more and register your interest here.
How to get a COVID-19 test
To help protect yourself and your family members from fraud, please remember the following points:
- The NHS will never ask for bank details, PIN numbers or passwords when contacting you about a vaccination. You will never be charged for the vaccine.
- Any communication which claims to be from the NHS but asks for payment, or bank details, is fraudulent and can be ignored. If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- Where a victim is vulnerable, and particularly if you are worried that someone has or might come to your house, report it to the Police either online or by calling 101.