COVID-19 Vaccination Programme – What You Need to Know
24 September 2021
Anyone who received a vaccination during Phase 1 of the COVID-19 vaccination programme (priority groups 1 to 9) will soon be invited by the NHS and / or their local vaccination service to receive a third dose COVID-19 booster vaccination.
The NHS will let eligible people know when it is their turn and which sites are available for them to attend.
If you or someone you know is yet to come forward for a COVID-19 vaccination, everyone aged 16 and over is now eligible.
Please note - Young people aged 16 and 17 years are currently being offered a first dose of vaccine only. The timing of a second dose will be confirmed later.
A number walk-in vaccination options are now listed on this national website. Across Cheshire, the following sites are offering walk-in vaccination clinics in the coming days:
- Crewe Honda Centre, West Street, Crewe, CW1 3HQ. Monday, September 27th (9am-6pm)
- Alsager Pharmacy, Lawton Road, ST7 2AA. Monday, September 27th (9am-5:30pm) and Wednesday, September 29th (9am-6pm)
- Reaseheath College, Nantwich, CW5 6DF. Wednesday, September 29th (10am-5pm)
- Lyceum Theatre, Heath Street, Crewe, CW1 2DA. Thursday, September 30th (10am-5pm)
- Hartford Methodist Church, Beach Road, Northwich, CW8 3AB. Tuesday, September 28th, Wednesday, September 29th, Thursday 30th (9am-7pm)
- Vicars Cross United Reformed Church, Oldfield Drive, Chester, CH3 5LL. Friday, September 24th, Saturday, September 25th, Sunday, September 26th, Monday, September 27th (3pm-4pm)
- The Dining Rooms, University of Chester, Cheyney Road, Chester, CH1 4BJ. Friday, October 1st (10am-6pm)
Bookable first and second dose appointments available for anyone over 16 at GP-led Vaccination sites in Cheshire
- Neston Medical Centre - bookable appointments available via email to: email@example.com
- Middlewich Civic Hall - bookable appointments available via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Never too late - How to get your COVID-19 vaccination across Cheshire
Residents aged 18 and over can continue to book COVID-19 vaccination appointments via the National Booking System or by calling 119.
I'd like to volunteer to help Cheshire residents - where can I find out more?
NHS Volunteer Responders have been supporting residents throughout the COVID-19 response. To find out more, go online at: https://volunteering.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk/
To protect yourself and your family members from fraud, please remember the following points:
- The NHS will never ask for bank details, PIN numbers or passwords when contacting you about a vaccination. You will never be charged for the vaccine.
- Any communication which claims to be from the NHS but asks for payment, or bank details, is fraudulent and can be ignored. If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- Where a victim is vulnerable, and particularly if you are worried that someone has or might come to your house, report it to the Police either online or by calling 101.