COVID-19 Vaccination Programme – What You Need to Know
30 July 2021
Everyone aged 18 and over is now eligible to receive a Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
Don't wait to be called, walk-in vaccination options are now listed on this national website.
Pop-up vaccination clinics
"Pop-up" walk-in COVID-19 vaccination clinics will also be giving Pfizer vaccinations at the following locations in the coming days:
- Wilmslow Leisure Centre, Station Rd, Rectory Fields, Wilmslow SK9 1BU - July 30th midday-6pm.
- Hartford Methodist Church, Beach Road, Northwich – July 30th 9.30am-6pm. July 31st 9am-6pm.
- Foregate Street, Chester (outside Lush) - July 31st and August 1st 11am-7pm.
- Cheshire Oaks retail outlet (outside Nike) - August 2nd and 3rd 11am-7pm.
- Ellesmere Port Civic Hall - August 4th, 5th, 12th and 16th 9am-6pm.
There is no need to book, anyone aged 18-39 can simply walk-in - all they need to provide is their name, address, date of birth and contact details.
Bookable COVID-19 vaccination appointments across Cheshire
Anyone aged 18 or over can book their COVID-19 vaccination appointments online now via the National Booking System or by calling 119.
If there is no local availability showing on the booking system, and it is not convenient for you to travel, please keep checking back as local slots update all the time. Call 119 if you need further assistance.
All services bookable via the National Booking System unless stated:
Regional vaccination services
- Alderley Park Conference Centre
- Ellesmere Port Civic Hall
GP-led vaccination services
- City Walls Medical Centre, Chester – bookable appointments available online here: https://citywallsmedicalcentre.nhsbookings.com/v2/
- Knutsford District and Community Hospital – bookable appointments via email to: ECCCG.email@example.com
- Neston Medical Centre - bookable appointments available via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middlewich Civic Hall - bookable appointments available via email to: email@example.com
Pharmacy-led vaccination services
- Alsager Pharmacy, Alsager
- Andrew’s Pharmacy, Macclesfield
- Bestway Nation Pharmacy, Barnton
- Boots Pharmacy, Foregate Street, Chester
- Boots Pharmacy, Handforth Dean Retail Park, Wilmslow
- Hartford Methodist Church, Northwich
- Hollowood Chemists, Crewe
- Nantwich Masonic Lodge, Nantwich
- Pharmacy 2u, Winsford Cross Shopping Centre
- Tesco Pharmacy, Crewe
- Vicar's Cross United Reformed Church, Chester
Progress to date
Since Mona Thomas, 92, became the first person to receive a COVID-19 vaccination in Cheshire on December 8th 2020, Cheshire’s vaccination services have successfully vaccinated hundreds of thousands of residents.
NHS staff continue to work incredibly hard to deliver the largest vaccination drive in our history, at the same time as providing routine and emergency care for everyone who needs it.
Health and care partners continue to work closely to ensure responsive and accessible services are in place to vaccinate local residents.
It is never too late to come forward for your COVID-19 vaccination.
I'd like to volunteer to help Cheshire residents - where can I find out more?
NHS Volunteer Responders have been supporting residents throughout the COVID-19 response. To find out more, go online at: https://volunteering.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk/
To protect yourself and your family members from fraud, please remember the following points:
- The NHS will never ask for bank details, PIN numbers or passwords when contacting you about a vaccination. You will never be charged for the vaccine.
- Any communication which claims to be from the NHS but asks for payment, or bank details, is fraudulent and can be ignored. If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- Where a victim is vulnerable, and particularly if you are worried that someone has or might come to your house, report it to the Police either online or by calling 101.