Quality, Patient Experience and Safeguarding
The Quality, Patient Experience and Safeguarding Directorate is responsible for a wide range of duties and functions, including:
- Safeguarding adults - We are a statutory partner of the Safeguarding Adult Boards across Cheshire which ensure safeguarding arrangements help and protect adults who are at risk of abuse or neglect or are unable to protect themselves.
- Safeguarding children - We share an equal and joint responsibility with the police and the local authorities as active members of the Cheshire East and Cheshire West Safeguarding Children Partnerships. Both partnerships have a duty to make arrangements to work together, and with other partners locally, to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children in their area.
- Looked After Children - We have a lead role in ensuring the quality of health input for cared for children and care leavers. We work in partnership with the local authorities to embed Corporate Parenting principles with key partners.
- Patient experience - Listening to people's concerns, compliments and feedback to help us commission better services for the future
- Patient safety - Supporting organisations to learn from incidents and make the most of opportunities to improve care.
- Quality assurance of providers including primary care - There are clear standards that providers of NHS care must strive to deliver and we have processes in place to monitor their progress in achieving this.
- Quality improvement - Participating in national and local initiatives to learn from and implement best practice
The Executive Director of Quality, Patient Experience and Safeguarding is also the organisation's Caldicott Guardian - responsible for protecting the confidentiality of people's health and care information and making sure it is used properly. The Caldicott Guardian acts as the conscience of the organisation.