Efficiency at Scale Workforce Programme Group
Senior Responsible Officer
Chief People Officer, NHS Cheshire and Merseyside
Identify opportunities for cost savings to be made through the realisation of economies of scale across HR and workforce functions. Priority areas of focus include e-rostering, apprenticeship levy, time to hire and bank/agency spend
The purpose of the Programme Group is to:
- Establish a baseline understanding of the current spend on HR, recruitment and payroll systems across Cheshire and Merseyside.
- Agree the priorities and objectives for the workstream based upon analysis of the evidence collected through the scoping exercise.
- Confirm the scope of work required for the next 12 months to enable the delivery of project objectives and benefits.
- Ensure workforce colleagues have the opportunity to provide advice and guidance to this work through a project group approach.
- Ensure all 18 providers in Cheshire and Merseyside have the opportunity to be involved in and contribute to this workstream.
- Identification of opportunities for cost savings to be made through the realisation of economies of scale across HR and workforce functions.
- Identification of opportunities for Trusts to work in a more collaborative way to support each other and achieve system-wide efficiencies.
- Identification of opportunities to increase staff retention across Cheshire and Merseyside and reduce the costs associated with turnover of the workforce.